Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I Told Myself...

I told myself I'd tell the truth on here. I wouldn't make it flowery and pretty with polka dots and swirls. I need to tell the truth.

This is a hard job. It's not hard like "I can't handle it", but it's hard like "holy cow, I'm exhausted."

There are days that are wonderful. There are days that are so difficult I just want to sit down and cry... and sometimes I actually do... once I get home, of course.
I have days when my kids are awesome and my instruction is right-on and my assessments actually assess what they know and challenge them to push their limits. I have days when that's not the case.
I suppose every job has ups and downs. Every job has good days and bad days.
I love my kids. I love them so much and I want the best for them. It is hard to give them the best when I am so worn out at the end of the day... but, my new motto is, "I can do it. I am doing it. I will do it. I can make this work. I do not have to be everything to everyone. The people who mean the most should get the most."
I have found I am wearing myself out trying to please too many people and do too many things. My number one priority at work is my kids. It always has been, but I have problems saying no to other things. Learn that word, Mrs Teacher, learn the word "no." Use the word. It is ok. It is ok to say no.

2 comments:

  1. hey there.. i know what you're talking about. i have been there and felt that... there were days i came home with my head held high with a strong sense of satisfaction... there were days i came home in tears... but just like you said in your previous post. it's worth it!!

    and you are so right.. we need to say NO to other things and focus on our priority... i too have a problem when it comes to saying NO.

    i hope and pray that you have more better days full of smile, although we both know everyday won't be the same..:)

    Hugs,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate to this post! I have such a hard time say no as well! And yes, some days I also go home and cry from sheer exhaustion. I appreciate what you are doing for the kids and Im sure that your kids/families do too! :)

    ReplyDelete