Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Good Life Lesson

They get it.

I was "preaching" to them about how tired I am of working so hard for them and I feel like they are not working hard for me. I was telling them how I am tired of them talking when I am talking and being down right disrespectful. I told them it's just not right and I'm not going to take it anymore.

I told them that Mr. (insert my last name here) hears all about them at night. I told them I tell people stuff about "my kids" all the time... like, "my kids did the coolest thing today!" I told them that I care about each and every one of them. I want them to succeed. I want them to work hard and earn what they get and feel the awesome feeling of success.

I'm saying all this and they're looking at me intently... soaking it all in. I ask them, "Why do you think I do all of this? Why did I work hard to get yall that listening center?..." A sweet little girl raises her hand and says, "because you care about us. Because we matter to you." "Exactly!" Exactly....

They get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment