I had nothing to really write about planned for this summer, but have now been inspired by other teacher blogs while reading the summer lists at Littlest Learners. What an awesome group of ambitious teachers! So, I decided to change my mind (hey, a girl can always change her mind) and make my own list to share.
1. Get my house organized.
2. Meet my newest nephew.
3. Plant some flowers in my yard, dig up old ugly bushes and put in new ones (or watch my husband dig them up and then I'll put in new ones. lol), and remember to WATER the things.
4. Paint my china cabinet. I cannot wait to give that thing a new lease on life!
5. Buy and install a doggy door on my screened-in porch.
6. Work at my summer job and enjoy it.
1. Make more file folder games.
2. Plan for reader and writer workshops. (And read up on the best ways to do that.)
3. Look for and carry out good ways to organize my classroom library.
4. Make these awesome reader's response cards I saw on someone's blog (and I am so sorry I do not remember who right now).
5. Pre-make displays for bulletin boards, etc.
6. Find a system to better organize student work (I am so horrible at that).
Seems like plenty for now...