Monday, August 29, 2011

Saw This Quote

"You know my name. Not my story."

I saw that quote today, and though it touched me because of things going on in my personal life, it also made me think about my "kids". That's just it. I know their names. I know first and last (and middle if I look it up) but that's it. I don't know their stories. I don't know where they're coming from. I don't know their dreams, fears, goals... what they're excited about, what they're scared of. Wouldn't you like it if everyone said, "hey, I know your name, but I don't know your story. What's your story?" How refreshing! Love it! I think that's the approach I'll take starting tomorrow morning. I want to learn their stories.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this!! Definitely a good quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! I have awarded you the versatile blogger award!! Congrats! Head over to my blog to find out more!1

    Miss J


    Smiles, Crayons, and Endless Stories

    ReplyDelete