Anyhow, I laminated them, cut them out, and numbered each individual piece with the student's class number so they are easy to organize. I won't lie- about half way through that process I was so tired of doing it that I couldn't decide whether to laugh at myself or cry out of self-pity. I finally finished! We were able to use them Friday.
I started out having them identify fractions and then moved on to finding equivalent fractions.
It was really neat and the kids enjoyed it. They actually said, "aw man" when we had to clean up to go home. You know you're doing something right when that is the reaction you get on a Friday afternoon. Love my kids!