Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Writing a Research Paper


We're working on writing research papers. Yes, in third grade. Holy cow! So, my kiddos are working on researching extreme weather. They are loving these topics! I am excited to see their final products. They're at many different places in their writing process and I'm having to learn to be ok with that. I don't know what it is, but I don't have a hard time with them being in different places in their learning except for writing. I think maybe it is because writing is such a step-by-step process and it's hard to keep up with what step everyone is on, but that's ok. This week I've just taken them in groups and taught different steps while the others researched or wrote on their own. It's worked very nicely. I'm actually excited about how well it has worked. Like I said, I'm excited to see the final products! 

No comments:

Post a Comment